This is a very easy way to root your Samsung Galaxy Note for AT&T.
0. You may need Samsung USB drivers. To be on the safe side, I would download and install anyway.
1. Download Odin here.
2. Either download the rooted stock kernel here. Or, download the rooted overclocked kernel here. I personally recommend the overclocked kernel. The choice is yours.
3. Open Odin, click the box next to PDA, and browse for the Kernel you just downloaded.
4. Turn off/power down your Galaxy Note.
5. Hold the volume down button and power button at the same time to put your phone into download mode. Your phone may give you a warning about loading a custom OS. Click the volume up button to continue.
6. Connect your phone to your computer with the USB cable.
7. Odin should state that your phone is now connected. Once that happens, click the Start button and your phone will load the new kernel and your phone will be rooted! These kernels come pre-loaded with root access so this is currently the easiest method so far!
Your Odin should match the picture below:
Warning: This could increase your flash counter which may help Samsung tell who’s phones have been rooted/flashed. However, there have been no known reports yet of warranties being denied. Plus, when anything goes wrong with my phones I call the carriers and they are the ones who replace my phone.
Leave a Reply